If you, or a member of your family are in need of help or support, please contact:
Lifeline 13 11 14
1800 Respect 1800 737 732
Relationships Australia 1300 364 277
Kids Help Line | for ages 5-25 years | 1800 55 1800
13YARN | Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders | 13 92 76
Beyond Blue | call a counsellor | 1300 224 636
Resources and information
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) website contains statistics on economic, environmental and social issues from the Australian Census data.
- Australian Early Development Index (AEDI) website contains information about young children’s development in their first year of full-time school. The AEDI measures: physical health and wellbeing; social competence; emotional maturity; language and cognitive skills (school-based); and communication skills and general knowledge.
- Australian Government Department of Social Services (DSS) website contains information on a wide range of Australian Government policies, programs and research relating to families, children and communities.
- Australian Institute of Family Studies (AIFS) website contains extensive information on Australian families, and includes resources such as ‘Child Family Community Australia’, a research, practice and policy information exchange.
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW) website provides regular information and statistics on Australia’s health and welfare.
- Family Action Centre, University of Newcastle, a research, teaching and practice centre focused on families and their communities.
- Household Income and Labour Dynamics in Australia (HILDA) website contains information from annual interviews from selected families and individuals about economic nd subjective well-being, labour market dynamics and family dynamics.
- Longitudinal Study of Australian Children (LSAC) website contains information on a major study following the development of 10,000 children and families from all parts of Australia.
- Raising Children Network: the Australian parenting website
- Socio-Economic Indexes for Areas (SEIFA) website is a product developed by the ABS relating to the assessment of the welfare of Australian communities.
- White Ribbon Day website Stopping violence against women
- 1800 Respect website National sexual assault, family domestic violence counselling service