Families Australia Oration
The Families Australia Oration is an address by a prominent Australian on critically important issues facing families and communities. To date, nine Orations have been delivered as follows:
- 2019: Richard Weston, CEO of the Healing Foundation (2010-2019), on ‘Dreaming Our Children’s Future’.
- 2017: Professor Ngiare Brown, Founding Director, Ngaoara Ltd Child and Adolescent Wellbeing; Deputy Chair, Prime Minister’s Indigenous Advisory Council, on ‘Children at Heart’.
- 2016: June Oscar AO, CEO, Marninwarntikura Women’s Resource Centre, on ‘Healing to thrive: building the collective strengths of our families for positive generational change’.
- 2015: Dr Aden Ridgeway on ‘The power of high expectations’.
- 2014: Justice Peter McClellan AM, Chair of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse on ‘A safer future for children’.
- 2013: Ms Megan Mitchell, the inaugural National Children’s Commissioner, on ‘Walking the Talk: Towards authentic child voice’.
- 2011: Professor McGorry AO, Executive Director, Orygen Youth Health Research Centre, and Professor of Youth Mental Health at the University of Melbourne, on mental health challenges facing Australia
- 2009: Ms Christine Nixon APM, Chair, Victorian Bushfire Reconstruction and Recovery Authority, on issues facing communities and families, particularly when they face disasters and other emergencies
- 2008: Her Excellency Quentin Bryce AC, Governor-General of the Commonwealth of Australia
View the Orations on Families Australia TV.
Read more about how you can attend a Families Australia Oration by joining Families Australia.